- Self Defense Master of the Year 2007 USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Sigung (Senior Teacher – Red Sash) Old Hand Shao lin and Internal Kung Fu Advanced training received from China’s “old Masters” Living Treasures in Mainland China 1993 & 1994
- Master Practitioner of KUN TAO SILAT de Thouars
- Master Practitioner of Pentjak Silat
- Sigung (Senior Teacher – Red Sash) Tai Chi and Chi Kung
- Si-Tai-Gung Street Kung Fu (Founder and Head of System)
Matt Holker began his study of the martial arts at the age of 5. He has trained in various martial arts all his life, including along the way Tai Chi Chuan and Kuntao Silat. He moved to Maryville to get advanced training in these arts that is only publicly available through Richard Clear, and he is now one of our most active teachers in the Downtown School.
Matt teaches all of the Beginner and Level 1 Tai Chi classes as well as the Kung Fu Kids classes (unless he is on the occasional road trip with Sigung Clear!)